STRIVE™ Awards Program
The PTC Therapeutics grant awards program Strategies to Realize Innovation, Vision, and Empowerment (STRIVE) recognizes and supports nonprofit organizations committed to serving rare disease communities. By recognizing the vital role patient advocacy groups play, we can give voice to those affected by these rare diseases.
The STRIVE Awards program was first launched in 2015 and occurs annually. It was designed to support programs that address unmet needs for the Duchenne community, to:
- Improve diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Improve quality of life for those living with Duchenne and their families
- Educate the public and healthcare professionals and raise Duchenne awareness
- Identify and foster the next generation of Duchenne patient advocates
Award categories for the 2023 STRIVE Awards were:
- Innovative: programs that help address the unmet needs of the rare disease community
- Transition to Adulthood: programs that support young people with Duchenne in their ‘transition to adulthood’
The STRIVE Awards application window is expected to open in January.
- Funding will be granted to initiatives that positively impact the broader Duchenne community, including patients, their families and healthcare professionals. The Awards are recognized for one year
- Submissions will be judged by an independent committee of experts, who have pertinent experience in rare diseases, patient advocacy, and funding initiatives
All STRIVE Winners
Discover all the amazing advocacy efforts that have been sponsored by STRIVE grants for Duchenne patient advocacy
Want more information?
If you would like additional information about the STRIVE grant program