Tree planting is critical to reforestation and afforestation and is one of most effective solutions to the climate crisis. Reforestation has a number of benefits, and we are extremely proud of our employees for taking action and delivering on our commitment toward a sustainable environment.
Some of the benefits of reforestation include:
- Combat climate change: Trees help cool the planet by capturing and storing harmful greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide, which leads to reduction of emission.
- Support biodiversity: Trees and forests provide a home to hundreds of species of insects, fungi, moss, mammals, and plants.
- Improved air quality: Trees purify the air through their leaves and bark, capture harmful pollutants and release oxygen for us to breathe.
- Healthy water cycle: Trees help reduce the risk of natural disasters.
- Improve overall health: Trees help reduce stress and anxiety and allow us to reconnect with nature. In addition, shade provided by tree coverage helps protect our skin from the ever-increasing harshness of the sun.
Tree planting is just one way we are contributing, and we’ll continue to drive change in the environmental landscape through various activities and initiatives across the globe.
To learn more about our efforts, click to read our sustainability report.